Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Second opinion] yep I filed a Dissolution of Marriage filing

Customer Question
Second opinion] hi-yep I filed...
Second opinion] hi-yep I filed a Dissolution of Marriage filing on 03/09/2017 here in Alachua County and Im still waiting for a court hearing because I thought that's what I needed to wait for but I just checked the Court Dockets and it says "NOTICE OF INTENT TO DISMISS FOR LACK OF SERVICE" what does that mean... what should I do?JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: FloridaJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: I filed and paid for the Dissolution of Marriage and all the pprwk notarized to get things startedJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: well.. just one thing....IM not sure what service is this... am I having to paysomeone?JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.Customer: oh
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Family Law
7/12/2017
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 5 months ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
That means that you haven't filed a Proof of Service to show that the other party has been served. Have you served the other party yet? If so, you just need to file the Proof of Service. If not, you will need to have that party served and then file the Proof of Service. This has to be done before the dismissal date on the Notice of Intent to Dismiss. If you don't know the date, you can go to the courthouse and get a copy of that Notice.
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney