Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son had supervised visitation at the local county women's…

Customer Question
My son had supervised...

My son had supervised visitation at the local county women's center in Angleton, Tx. He had issues with them and they told him he could not use the center anymore for visitation. Keep in mind, he was NOT there because of any type of abuse to anyone, just to see his son which is what the court ordered. Fast forward 6 years later, child support had come out of his check routinely while he had a job, but in Sept. 2014 he violated his probation and was sent to State Jail for 2 years (at that time he was unable to pay child support). I have more to tell...just need to know if you are able to help...??? I'm his mom, by the way and I was not allowed to go to see him at the women's center so I haven't held him since he was a year old and he is 7 now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

TEXAS...He just had mediation with his baby's mother and a lawyer, he couldn't afford one, so he went alone. They are wanting him to relinquish his rights as his son's father as the mother has married and had another child.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filed on what? he didn't sign anything at the mediation they served him papers today for a court dat date

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is of incarceration and is diligently looking for a job but has yet to find one. I have been paying on his child support (just his monthly payment). I want to know how to regain visitation. He doesn't even care if it's supervised, he just wants to see his son that he hasn't gotten to see in 6 years

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Kindly note that this site does not offer legal representation. This is a question and answer site. So, you need to ask specific questions to receive an answer.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It figures...Never mind...
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 1 year ago
Michael Bradley
I would love to help and I have taken a look at your long post, but your question is not clear, are you trying to find out how your son can reestablish the visitation? Second, is there a formal court order in place and if so what is it? I would like to help but need information