Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Second opinion] I live in meridian ms. I had dhs show up at…

Customer Question
second opinion] I live in...
second opinion] I live in meridian ms. I had dhs show up at my door last Monday . My son was at the neighbors playing. My other neighbor was cutting my grasss. I took 2 of my four kids and ran 2 miles to the dumpster. While we were gone the neighbor cutting my grass said dhs had come by my 8 yr old son had just walked back over to our home when dhs pulls up and starts honking the horn. When my son says I'm somewhere and starts looking for me the dhs worker goes to the rd with her flashers on and calls the law. I came home picked up my son and my children and I ran on to a business 8 miles away to purchase new marressses for my college bound oldest child. My 16 yr old daughter calls me and says she just got home and to get home dhs and the law were at my house and needed me asap. I pulled up to find two sheriffs cars and dhs lady. She proceeded to tell me I left my son at home and the three minor children would be removed. I went to both neighbors and they came to my home and gave statements. Dhs still told me of a hunch of allegations and they weee taking my kids. It's been 11 days and not one word from them. I have an appt in 5 days with an attorney but I want to know now what My rights are and how quickly my kids can come home. These neighbors are 2nd in command in ma air guard and the other a 55 yr old disabled renter of mine and neighbor for 4 yrs.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law

I can be reaced by text or calling *** *** ****

Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
7/7/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley
Phone call session started
Family Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 11 months ago
Michael Gonzalez
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.I am sorry to hear this.DHS regulations require an applicant to be at least 21 years old and prove that they can support and care for the children. Individuals that have prior DHS issues will not be allowed to get the children. You would need to go to Family Court and file a petition for custody. The court will make a determination based on the best interest of the children. If the court finds that living with you is in their best interest then you will be granted custody. DHS would try or need to try to convince the judge that it would not be in the best interest of the children to live with you. Going through the Family Court allows for the judge to make the decision versus the caseworker from DHS.Unfortunately, at the point, you may have to wait for your hearing.
Family Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 11 months ago

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Rating me costs you nothing. Thank you.

Family Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 11 months ago

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? I am not an employee of the site and am only paid when you rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. Please let me know if you were unhappy with my service and I will opt out for another Attorney to assist you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.