Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I'm a respondent in a California family law case. I'd like…

I'm a respondent in a...
I'm a respondent in a California family law case. I'd like to know if i can call my daughter who is 16 years old and not a child in common with the petitioner to testify 1. as a character witness and 2. to testify to known facts in the case? In other words can a 16 year old miner who is not a party be called to testify?
6/30/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes they can be called to testify about anything they have personal knowledge and their opinion here on relevant questions.They can have a personal opinion of who is the best parent or who they think the child might be happiest with, etc.They can testify in court on these issues here under California law.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Twelve or older they can testify as non party witness.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Hi Ray,
Great answer clarity and great response time. Good job, Ray. I'll put you in my favorites...
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer