How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41572
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It's a marriage question. I was married in Las Vegas, but

Customer Question

It's a marriage question. I was married in Las Vegas, but divorced in Germany. If the divorce was never sent to Vegas, would a marriage after that be lawful?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The next marriage was licenced in WA but happened in OR
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Filed or reported? As in?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

If the divorce was granted here in Germany it would be recognized in the US. You would have to show proof for another marriage license.But it would be legal if you have a divorce decree or other documents.This would allow US courts to recognize the divorce and the new marriage.The current marriage is legal if there is proof of divorce.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.