Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How do I go to the steps of getting a postponement of

Customer Question

How do I go to the steps of getting a postponement of continuance
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. Just to be clear, the other party is asking for one at this time?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just me for nok

A continuance can be grant upon the showing of good cause, by the moving party. The party asking for it needs to explain to the Judge why they are not ready and may nee more time. Now, the opposition can respond and object to this and show why the continuance would prejudice them and why it should not be granted and how/what the party is claiming, is not accurate or necessarily.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!