Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Do I have to know exact date when asked the amount of time

Customer Question

Do I have to know exact date when asked the amount of time that I or my spouse have lived in the state or county?
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not sure how my husband will respond when he receives the papers. He says he will not hurt me, but has, previously, threatened to harm others, whom he thought I was involved with.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No, you need to just be approximate as long as you were living there more than 6 months to where he cannot try to object based on being a few days short. Your dates residing in the county just need to be approximate if more than 6 months.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.