How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NYCLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 56550
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
NYCLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 15 yr old grandson has been in rehab for 2 months. Not

Customer Question

My 15 yr old grandson has been in rehab for 2 months. Not getting better. Our son left him ins money. In his name. We have our sons trust, an would like it in trust. His mother vwould go right through it. Rehab is very expense they are seeing no results. Is there anyway to get mins in trust?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tx
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Such as
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
Are you asking if inheritance can go into trust?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
its being held by prudential.
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
What outcome are you seeking?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't talk on phone. My outcome would be to put ins in trust. If he gets his hands on at 18 in yrs. I'm afraid what might happen
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 1 month ago.

No call needed. Inheritance would automatically go into trust where he a minor guarded by a trustee. Is that clear?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Prudential says they need court order. Do we need to get one?
Expert:  NYCLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
Bank should do on it owns. If representative not experienced ask for a manager. If manager refuses speak to its legal department. Final option is a court order. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Kindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.