How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19630
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] My ex husband manipulated our child support

Customer Question

second opinion] My ex husband manipulated our child support case in Oklahoma by getting fired dilibrately. He then moved to Texas where I live. This was 3 years ago. He requested a modification. Oklahoma modified believing that he was a resident of Oklahoma because he worked for a temp agency making minimum wage. Based on both our income his child support for 4 kids ended up being 74.26 a week. Because he owed me so much back child support and they knew he was somewhat manipulating the system they included a 50 dollar back support payment.As soon as I knew his job was full time I called Oklahoma to modify. She said we can't modify because you are both residence of Texas. So it has taken me almost 2 years to get the case moved to Texas so I went a few months without a payment at all and now 4 months of only 74.26 a week. I've sent in a letter to modify at least 3 months ago. I've called to have my worker contact me and they said she has up to 30 days to call me back? He is a supervisor at this business working 60-70 hours a week. My oldest son that I raised until he graduated lives with him and pays him 1000 a month in rent and this man pay less than 300 a month for his 4 sons who are 15,14,12 and 10!! What can I do?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

I need clarification. You said that you "have called my worker contact me and they said she has up to 30 days to call me back?" Who are are you referring to? Is this someone that works with Texas Attorney General's Office, Child Support Unit?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry that sentence seems to have an error. When you call the Number given you are actually calling a call center not the actual district office that has my case. They answer general questions, can pull up my case and see what actions have been taken and such. They note each time I call and my request. They also have on there the emails that I have sent. So "they" are I guess just people who enter information into the computer. At times, they seem knowledgeable when I ask questions but some don't.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

You would need to escalate the matter and contact the Ombudsman's Office, and tell the Office receptionist what kind of problems that you have been encountering. The Child Support Unit should not take 30 days to address your concerns. Click here to file complaint with the Ombudsman's office.

Goodluck with your case,