Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  29 Years Experience in Family Law
68197583

I would like to know about a hospital placing a patient in

Customer Question

I would like to know about a hospital placing a patient in protective custody and gives the patient an alias. Is this an illegal act? Does the hospital have to file a protection order, and in what court would this document be? If said hospital has a police division, who governs this division? I. E. County or state officials.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: I am in Ohio, and the incident is on going, from May 14, 2017
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I went to all three courts and nothing has been filed in Municipal, Common Pleas or Family Court.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is my Son, and he is in a nursing home because of the actions of a drunk driver, and I have even filed a missing persons report on him. The nursing facility where he is now says that they do not have a patient by his Legal Name or by the alias that the hospital slipped up and gave me. When we found him there the charge nurse claimed to have a court order that keeps me away from my son. He is recovering from a tbi, and his short term memory was severely impacted and he is not orientated to people places and time.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the driver of the automobile was issued a citation earlier that day, but his vehicle was not towed. He has been indicted by the county prosecutor.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question.

How old was the driver?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is in his late 20's
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't afford to pay that amount at this time.

Please ignore any phone call requests.

I would demand to see the court order. The hospital is governed by the State Health and Human Services Department

Ignore any premium service offers. We will continue in this format.

Are you still with me?

This a link you can contact to file a complaint

http://www.odh.ohio.gov/~/media/ODH/ASSETS/Files/dspc/complaints%20-%20nursing%20homes/faqs.pdf

This is the link for the site https://www.odh.ohio.gov/odhprograms/dspc/complnt/complnt1.aspx

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration. Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Are you still online with me?