Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I'm seeking an attorney well versed in retirement account

Customer Question

I'm seeking an attorney well versed in retirement account protection laws.Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is your specific question?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Doug, I thank you for responding.
The court ordered 100% of all available funds, (currently in investments) including my retirement account to be transferred to the plaintiff.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There are two accounts:
1. An annuity. The court used the account number of the annuity, for the marital account. I have appealed this, on the basis that the transcript shows the judge stated: the only asset left is the annuity, acct. # 3964 for $134,55.... whereas the marital account had peanuts compared to the annuity.
2. Retirement
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

In a divorce action?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug