Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

I live in ohio and i wanted to know, what can i do to change

Customer Question

i live in ohio and i wanted to know, what can i do to change my name?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i have my birth certificate and my adoption papers. nothing has been filed or reported
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ohio
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i was adopted when i was 2 years old and now i am almost 23 and i want to change my last name
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

To change your name in Ohio you file an application with the County probate court.

Here are links to downloadable forms:

https://www.probatect.org/forms/name-change

Because the forms can vary with your probate court you should use your court's forms if available online or can request them by contacting the clerk's office.

Before your hearing for name change you need to publicize a legal notice in a newspaper of your change; you will also need this proof of publication for your hearing.

This will successfully effect a name change for you.

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer,

I would like to follow up with you on your question in which I replied to yesterday and gave an answer. Do you need any more information ?

When Finished PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE EXPERTS COUNT ON POSITIVE RATINGS

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND REPONSE PREVIOUSLY

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill