Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If my ex wife and i make the same amount of money per week

and split custody of the...
if my ex wife and i make the same amount of money per week and split custody of the 2 teenage kids would she be entitled to child support
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nj
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no she just brought it up today we have been divorced for 5 years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so
6/14/2017
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Typically the court will assign a custodial parent and a noncustodial parent. The custodial parent is entitled to some support from the noncustodial parent per normal statutory guideline calculations. You can punch in the numbers and see that here:

http://www.njchildsupport.org/Resources-Forms/Other-Resources/Guidelines-Calculator/Guidelines-Calculator

The link to the calculator is there as well-or here:

http://quickguide.njchildsupport.org/quickguide.jsp

The court does have the ability to "deviate" from the guidelines though, so if both parents are truly 50/50 and both agree to provide equal clothing etc, then the court would typically order no child support other than the 50/50 split of any add on fees (ie uninsured medical expenses, extra curricular fees,etc.)

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer