Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A non-custodial parent is required to pay child support, but…

A non-custodial parent is...

A non-custodial parent is required to pay child support, but finds the under aged children left the custial father on their own free will and is no longer under the custodial care. can the non custodial file an amendment noting the none of the children are under the care, directly of indirectly of the custodial parent

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wyoming

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet as it in unknown how or what steps

6/1/2017
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Yes, they can. The judge has discretion to order both parents to pay child support to whoever is providing care to the children instead of allowing the custodial parent to collect support for children not living with them.

Here is the form used to make the request:

https://wicourts.gov/forms/FA-4170.PDF

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the prompt response. Hopefully Wyoming will have a similar document. Yes, this is helpful. Thank you, ***** *****

Sorry, I misread that. Wyoming does have an extensive packet you can use to do this.

https://www.courts.state.wy.us/Documents/Forms/ProSe/Entire/201407/CSMPentire.pdf

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer