Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The respondent of my Order of Protection post slanderous…

The respondent of my Order...
The respondent of my Order of Protection post slanderous comments about me and one of my children. Can I ask he be violated for contempt of the order
5/29/2017
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

If the order of protection specifically stated that slanderous comments were a violation, then yes, one can sue for contempt; if the order is silent as to that issue, then unfortunately that would not be actionable from an order of protection perspective but one can sue for a civil cause of action for defamatino.

In order to be held in contempt the party must violate the specific conduct that was prohibited-so if that falls within the order, then it is contempt.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer