Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband and his ex wife share split custody of their 2…

My husband and his...

My husband and his ex wife share split custody of their 2 children. He pays her 25% of is income in child support monthly. Is he required to pay an additional amount for summer child care?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They have a divorce decree, no where in there does it state summer vacation payments. It does state he has the kids for 14 consecutive days in July but nothing about additional payments

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

No he is only obligated to pay what the court orders states nothing more.From what you present there is no need for him to pay any of this. He only owes what the orders state nothing more.Unless the court modifies the orders here he has no more obligation to pay anything here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer