How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a custody agreement with my children's father and

Customer Question

I have a custody agreement with my children's father and need some help explaining some of the wording. I also want to find out if the evidence I have is enough to prove a case for suspected abuse
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Louisiana. And I have a photo of my son with a huge bruise on his forehead and a text from the father stating something happened to him that he needed to explain. He made me call him to hear what happened.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: There was a CPS case opened against him last year with his stepson, but the case was dropped due to the stepson not living with him at the time. His stepson is back with him now, and he tells his bio father that he has been hit and that the adults fist fight in the house in front of them. We have tried to get copies of the reports but we keep getting the run around.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has a history of violence. I left him because of it, but since I never called the cops and the only witness refuses to testify, I wasn't able to prove my case
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? You may request a phone call at any time and I am available immediately.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like a phone call because there is a lot of information that I need to disclose.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 3 months ago.

Yes of course. You may get an automatic request for one from the system. If so, please click accept.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't have a lot of money to spend which is why I did not contact a local lawyer.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 3 months ago.

I certainly understand. The maximum you will be charged for an unlimited phone call with me is only $76. That's about 1/5th of my hourly rate.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How much does it cost to chat here?
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 3 months ago.

The maximum it would cost to chat here would only be $36.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry. I don't have any more money right now.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 3 months ago.

I certainly understand. There are some sites like that offer free answers to questions from attorneys in your area so you may want to try there. In the meantime, I'll opt out of this question and return it back to the question bank. Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Related Family Law Questions