FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My husband was cheating on me and I was wondering if a

Customer Question

my husband was cheating on me and I was wondering if a restraining order can be done to keep her from contacting him in anyway.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, they were talking to each other on the phone, facebook and emails, and he said its stopped, but he has a company phone that he uses and I have no way of knowing if they are using that. and if there is a way to prevent her calling him on that, I would know they aren't able to get in touch with each other
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 3 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. This is a situation where it would have to be your husband, who ignores her and demands that she cease the contact and if she does not, then proceeds against her and obtain an order. I say this because he is making a voluntary decision to respond to her and if they both are doing this, it would be hard for a Judge to order that stop doing something, which they want to do and are voluntarily doing it. If she was contacting you, you could proceed, since you would have standing but in a situation like this, a Judge is not likely going to order that she stop contacting him, when he is allowing for it to happen.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, thanks

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.