How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6390
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a teacher in a school district other than the one my

Customer Question

I am a teacher in a school district other than the one my children go to, I am a special needs teacher and my son has special needs. I want to enroll my children in the school I teach at so I can be more involved in their education but my ex won't agree. JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? Customer: Ca JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet? Customer: Not about this. This is a new teaching position. JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: Not sure

We have joint legal custody but I am primary custodial. Both my children are doing very poorly in school since the change to allow him to have them after school on weekdays. If they went to my school I could have closer contact with teachers, they could come to my classroom to work on homework after school and would be very close toe if there are ant problems during school. My son is autistic and I am a special education teacher. I teach in a district 30 minutes from my home and current district. My ex lives an hour from this school. But a half an hour from their current School.

Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

If the parents cannot agree on this issue, then you can request that the court modify the plan. If the existing plan is part of a final custody determination, then you must prove that this change is in the best interests of the children [which it appears to be] and show that there has been a substantial change of circumstances [which a court might accept your new teaching position to be].

Here is the form that will help you get started.

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

P.S. Please remember to assign a positive feedback rating on this so that Just Answer will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions