FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I filed an emergency order of protection against my now ex

I filed an emergency order of protection against my now ex boyfriend. The hearing for the order of protection is tomorrow and I hear through friends that he is passed the breakup between us and is ready to be civil. How can I legally "drop" this so he can't get me in trouble for filing a false report?

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Typically, when a victim fails to appear, the could does not typically proceed and will normally dismiss the order, if there is a temporary one in place or deny the request, for on the be in place. The reason for this, is that there is nobody to testify against the accused and to explain to the Judge, why it should or needs to be put in place. Moreover, the court often assumes, when a victim fails to appear, they no longer want to proceed and go forward. If you did not appear at the hearing, it is unlikely that this would be imposed, so there would be no evidence or testimony presented and to why it should b put in place.