Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband is setting back mediation for another month. I am

Customer Question

My husband is setting back mediation for another month. I am ready right now, as I need to move out of state. The mediation is for request of me to pay half his credit card debt... he put me as an authorized user, and I made none of his charges and was not in agreement with his spending.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Have you been ordered by the court to mediate? Or is this a voluntary mediation?

Doug

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we have an order for May 31. He just e-mailed me he wants to change it to June 23, and that he is notifying me as required. I am in desperate need for the divorce to finalize, as I cannot close on buying a home with out this, and I have a new job offer- out of state.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

I attempted to accept your call request but there seems to be a problem with the request. Please contact customer service at(###) ###-####to get the issue straightened out and then I can call you.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Doug

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am having a problem with my card. Can we continue this way instead of the phone call?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

If you contact customer service they can assist you with the card problem.

Your situation is simply too complex to try and give you much help by writing back and forth.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know... everything is about money.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

No, it is about time---the realistic amount of time it would take to try and walk you through a complex process like this by writing back and forth. The complexity is compounded by you needing to leave the area very soon, and presumably the issue that you are not represented by an attorney.

I'll op out and allow another professional to assist you if they think that they can.

Doug