Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a disabled veteran not woking just getting my va

Customer Question

I am a disabled veteran not woking just getting my va benefits. the state of Neveda is trying to make me pay 800 a month in child support. my benefits are just 1800 and I have a daughter I'm raising
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Neveda
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes they have me paying 800 a month. but they can't take it out my va payments
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a class A and they say I have the ability to make money but I don't drive anymore and I'm a full-time student in college
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you sought to apply for SS Disability if eligible? Have you filed with the VA to determine if you are eligible for dependent's benefits for the child, which would reduce your support amount? Have you gone to court to file a motion to modify support and seek to get it lowered based on significant financial hardship and your disability?