How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a disabled veteran not woking just getting my va

Customer Question

I am a disabled veteran not woking just getting my va benefits. the state of Neveda is trying to make me pay 800 a month in child support. my benefits are just 1800 and I have a daughter I'm raising
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Neveda
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes they have me paying 800 a month. but they can't take it out my va payments
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a class A and they say I have the ability to make money but I don't drive anymore and I'm a full-time student in college
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you sought to apply for SS Disability if eligible? Have you filed with the VA to determine if you are eligible for dependent's benefits for the child, which would reduce your support amount? Have you gone to court to file a motion to modify support and seek to get it lowered based on significant financial hardship and your disability?

Related Family Law Questions