Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

I am a 71 year old, is there a law in the State of Texas to

Customer Question

I am a 71 year old, is there a law in the State of Texas to protect me from verbal abuse from my husband
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And has the behavior been documented in any way?
Customer: Texas, I did tell him I would record it but was nervous and forgot to turn it on. I have photo's of his anger, smashing things in the house.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, incase they asked me to leave and go to a Safe House. I needed my oxygen and other medical supplies.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was dependent on him for my medical as I was under a Coronary Specialist. Pulmonary Specialist and MDAnderson for cancer by it expired in March 2017.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 5 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

Texas elder abuse laws prohibit all physical, mental and emotional abuse.

If he is shouting verbal abuse at you this would be a form of emotional abuse and should be reported to Adult Protection Services in your County for an investigation and possible prosecution.

You can file a complaint online here:

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/contact_us/report_abuse.asp

The Texas statute defines elder abuse as:

"

(2) "Abuse" means:

(A) the negligent or wilful infliction of injury, unreasonable confinement, intimidation, or cruel punishment with resulting physical or emotional harm or pain to an elderly person or person with a disability by the person's caretaker, family member, or other individual who has an ongoing relationship with the person;"

Once a case officer has investigated your complaint for the Department of Family and Protective Services they may decide to take criminal action.

You can in the meantime apply for a protection order at your local court if you feel threatened by your husband.

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was completely satisfied five stars
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did request the middle billing. Not the lowest nor the highest in the $60 bracket. The amount I agreed to at first was $40 plus.

Your welcome, Please click on the stars to rate positively.

This is how I get a credit for my response and time.

Can you find them ?

Thanks

Bill