Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Its been a nightmare for our family my son my wife my dog

Customer Question

hi its been a nightmare for our family my son my wife my dog and i miss our daughter sooooo much cps took her away from us we took her to the day care and we find out she had a fracture skull cps said didnt find anything at day care that it was unfound its really unfair wat we going through cps did not do a really good investigation we miss our baby sooooo much and on top we have to take parenttal classes.. my wife and i are acussed of neglect
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: new york
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yea but everything is taking sooo long my wife has a lawyer and i have legal one frm court but to be honest i dont think her lawyer knows wat hes doing this is taking soooo long
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just would like to know wat to do at this point
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, CPS has the legal obligation to investigate all claims of suspected abuse. If the child had a fractured skull, until you can prove through evidence and witnesses you did not cause the fractured skull they will continue to keep the child from you until you complete the programs they are demanding.
If you have yourself an attorney and your wife has an attorney, there is not much they can do until you complete the classes or unless there are witnesses or evidence showing you two could not have caused the injuries. These cases do not get settled immediately and all parents want them over instantaneously. It is not that your attorney does not know what they are doing, it is just that these cases all take time unless you have clear evidence the injuries were not caused by either of you and if you have that evidence, then your attorney should be filing for a hearing to present that evidence to the court.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.