Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My granddaughter has been sent away by her step dad and

Customer Question

my granddaughter has been sent away by her step dad and Mother (my daughter) The step Dad and Mother have a new baby. My daughter will not tell me where she is nor can I talk with her. My daughter told me she could not get out when she reaches 18 yrs of Age Sept 30, 2017. I want to know can I hire an attorney to represent my granddaughter so she can tell a judge how her step dad gave her a bloody nose and black eye. He also grabbed her by the throat and pushed her into a pipe railing fence (4 of her friends saw this) They came to me when other things happen and said they were scared for Londyn. What can I do
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Im in Louisiana my Granddaughter lived in Katy Texas.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What are my granddaughter's rights
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
WHEN IS SOMEONE ANSWERING
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your granddaughter's difficulties. I wish her well.

You can Petition for Guardianship of your granddaughter and ask the Court to grant you custody of her because of the abuse she has received at the mother's house from her mother's husband with the mother supporting her husband. You also need to request that the Court order your daughter to disclose where she has put your granddaughter. This petition would be filed at the Courthouse where your daughter resides with her husband because that is the home of your granddaughter. You can obtain Petition forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. Kindly use the popup screen to give the rating. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.