How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41036
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been having a very difficult time getting the child

Customer Question

I've been having a very difficult time getting the child support that is owed to me. It's been a long, complicated process and I'm too poor to afford a lawyer at this point. My ex husband was deployed and makes over $100,000 a year, but is only paying $100 a month. I need help. Any sort of help.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. He originally had a lawyer in Washington (because that's where I lived before I bought a house) that had papers filed to adjust child support, but there were some papers the she never filed, so the support order was in limbo because the two states didn't know who had the rights to enforce the support, so I was stuck with the $100 a month.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is currently a modification that I filed two months ago and now I'm waiting for the caseworker to get other mods that are ahead of me, done so I can get my order modified.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

You may decide to proceed pro se here yourself without a lawyer.

Here are forms to do so

If there is already a pending motion then serve him and set it for hearing here with the court yourself.You can self represent and get this moving faster.It is more work of course but you get it heard and resolved.If you and the child reside in Oregon and have been there for 6 months you can proceed and claim jurisdiction there.

I appreciate the chance to help you today, let me know if you have more.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions