How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19675
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just need to know how to get my CPS case papers from when

Customer Question

I just need to know how to get my CPS case papers from when I was younger. I know the case was sealed because my grandmother was a CPS worker at the time I just don't know where to start looking now that she has passed away
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: California, Sacramento
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

You need to start your search with DCFS, Sacramento County. So, you need to contact the office. Click here for the contact information.

Goodluck with your search.