Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife and I were granted a divorce here in Florida where I…

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I were granted a divorce here in Florida where I live. She lived in Ohio and recently passed away. I initiated the divorce and it was granted here in Palm Beach county. I looked at final decree and her signature is not on it. My mortgage lender is telling me that she should have signed it who's right?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in Florida and she lived in Ohio throughout divorce.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
5/13/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear of your loss;

No, the judge is the one that needs to sign the order for it to have legal effect, not the parties; for a samle form please see:

http://www.flcourts.org/core/fileparse.php/533/urlt/990a.pdf

and note there is no signature line for the parties

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html