Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My wife applied for a dissolution of marriage petition. It's

Customer Question
My wife applied for a...
My wife applied for a dissolution of marriage petition. It's suppose to be an amicable divorce, I agreed to all of the terms. What do I have to do now? I was served with the papers and I have to respond.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/12/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

What state are you in here, was there a settlement and decree signed here yet,thanks.

Florida. Brevard county
No I was served with the papers. I guess she signed the petition

Listen you may want to file an answer here so that a default decree is not entered.You can still reach settlement and sign settlement and agree to decree this just protects your rights.

Here are the forms to do that

http://www.flcourts.org/core/fileparse.php/533/urlt/903b.pdf

That way you are noticed of any hearings and if you cannot reach agreement you can go to hearing and have judge decide it all.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Good luck here moving forward.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

You file your answer here in the same court where it was filed in Brevard County.Thanks

Thanks again for rating 5 stars , let me know if you have more.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer