How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tina, my wife applied for a dissolution of marriage

Customer Question

Tina, my wife applied for a dissolution of marriage petition. I don't know how to respond to the petition and if don't have the money for an attorney
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida Brevard county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is supposed to be a amicable dissolution
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Not having money for an attorney and not having any idea what to do is a double whammy. I do empathize with your frustration and angst, However, you have not asked any questions, and while I would like to assist you, I'm not sure where to begin. What are you expecting from our discussion? What do you need to know?