Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Tina, my wife applied for a dissolution of marriage

Customer Question

Tina, my wife applied for a dissolution of marriage petition. I don't know how to respond to the petition and if don't have the money for an attorney
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida Brevard county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is supposed to be a amicable dissolution
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Not having money for an attorney and not having any idea what to do is a double whammy. I do empathize with your frustration and angst, However, you have not asked any questions, and while I would like to assist you, I'm not sure where to begin. What are you expecting from our discussion? What do you need to know?

Doug