How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33911
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If court papers say "if father's county of domicile remains

Customer Question

if court papers say "if father's county of domicile remains the same after the rendition of this order and if mothers county of domicile should change, effective on the date of the change of domicile by mothers, Father should surrender the child to mother at the end of each period of possession at the residence of father" what does exactly mean?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet these are my child support papers and my childs mother is trying to move state
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: and also what I can do cause she is saying she is going to refuse my visitations when cps case closes
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

That means that after the order is signed if the mother moves to a different county and the father doesn't, then the mother has to pick the child up at the father's house when his visitation is over.

When she refuses visitations you can file a Motion for Contempt and if she moves out of state that s automatically grounds for revisiting the custody order by you fling a Motion to Modify.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Five Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

I am about to sign off for a while but will try and check back later this evening. If I am not able to I will be back online tomorrow morning.