LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid, Attorney
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
95745447

Give tips to win a disputed divorce case.he is a Vet and

Customer Question

give tips to win a disputed divorce case.he is a Vet and seems like nothing can stop him.how do i fight a money case when he has more money and took my ss card 3 times by intercepting my mail.I am back in the work force on minimum wage.trying to compete.My credit score crashed when he let our brand new car get repoed after he hid it for 3 months.during which time he bought another brand new car and is making payments on it to build his score.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 4 months ago.

Hello: my name is ***** ***** I am happy to try and assist you today. My response is not going to necessarily be what you want to hear, but based on what you wrote it is very much what you need to hear. Nobody wins in a divorce case except the attorneys who get paid to argue about money, child custody, and whatever else the couple decides they want to fight about. I know you are likely very angry and no doubt have been treated unfairly by someone you were once in love with, but you will not feel any better fighting with this person in court over money and damage to a credit score. The tip I give you is to contact his attorney directly or through your own attorney and work out a settlement before this drags on another day. Get what you can and move on with your life. There is not a special argument or defense that case be raised to get you the money or whatever payback that you want. Spouses clean out bank accounts, stop paying loans, ruin each other's credit, every day in divorces. They then make it worse by paying attorneys to fight about it in court. Trust me when I tell you it is not a winning proposition even if you had the money to retain an attorney to fight this through a jury trial and appeal. Get it resolved asap and rebuild your life without him. All the best, David