How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13752
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you so much, hopefully I don't confuse you. Basically

Customer Question

Hi; Thank you so much
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: hopefully I don't confuse you. Basically I have a 9 year old son. His father had another kid with another women ( we are not together) He does not see his kid because the mother of the child does not allow him to.. He hasn't done anything to fight for his kids right. But on my end I see how my son is suffering he truly misses his brother and often cries and its affecting him emotionally. Just yesterday I got a phone call from his teacher and she express her concerns during a school project my son wrote a letter in were he express all his emotions regarding not seeing his brother. Van I advocate for my son? so he can have visits with his brother? or there is nothing I can do?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just keep seeing how my son really wants to see his brother and it pains me too see such thing I wish there was something legally I can do
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Chicago Illinois
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm very sorry to hear about this situation. While I wish I could give you better news, unfortunately, the answer is no, there's nothing you could do in this situation to make the court order visitation with his half-brother. You could petition the court to establish a custody and visitation order if one does not already exist, but it would only be for your son, and even if there is such a visitation order in place, you cannot compel a dad to visit their child, and beyond that, you couldn't force dad to make sure your son has visits with his brother.

I'm sorry I cannot tell you otherwise.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Was there anything I could clarify for you or additional information you needed?

If you need clarification or additional information, please REPLY and I'll be happy to help further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars so I am credited for my time and assistance. This costs you nothing extra.​ Thank you!