Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My wife and I are living a nightmare with dhs and I can't

Customer Question
My wife and I are...
My wife and I are living a nightmare with dhs and I can't seem to get council. The police did a welfare check at my house one afternoon when my wife and I were gone (there was a 15 year old 12, 10 and 8 year old home) and even though House was clean kids were fine and there were no signs of neglect they called dhs and they took our children. I don't even know where to start. When we got back they took my 18 month old girl, who was with us, and put her into foster care. Our lives our devastated and we just want our kids back but haven't been able to get any help.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We went to a hearing where dhs made allegations and our court appointed attorneys just agreed and the judge went forward allowing the state to keep my 18 month old and returned the others to their biological fathers
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Family Law
5/11/2017
Family Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

From a legal stand point, you have two options here. One is to timely appeal the judge's decision for some type of legal error or abuse of discretion. The second is to file a complaint against your lawyers with the State Bar for not acting with commitment and dedication to his client's interest.

I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but I am assuming that you are paying for a professional and honest answer.

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

P.S. Please remember to assign a positive feedback rating on this so that Just Answer will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer