How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102601
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Somerville. Tx. I am seeking information for my son Randell

Customer Question

My name is***** "Somerville. Tx. I am seeking information for my son Randell E Outland. He is is prison at the Clements Unit at "Amarillo Tx.. I need the forms and information on how he should go about getting a divorce. The procedure, please. I can print the forms and mail them to him. He must send these forms to Potter county in Amarillo, Tx. I know he must serve this person, but does not know where she is. The last time we knew was Huntsville, Texas. There were no children in this union.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas, USA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, he has no funds for an attorney. I as his mother do not either. I have his power of attorney but seems that is not enough.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That he is in Prison at the Clements Unit in Amarillo, Texas
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please find instructions and forms on how to file a divorce without children HERE. He does have to serve her, but if she cannot be found, he would need to do a PUBLICATION service, which can be explained HERE.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your utmost satisfaction. If I have done this, please rate with five stars and click FINISH. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.