Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

But was formally Roseline. I only have one first name but I

Customer Question

My name is***** but was formally Roseline Scott. I only have one first name but I receive some mail with the letter W in my name. How do I remove that W from my name?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This "W" appears only on some mail, any official or government mail? Also, what is the issue if you are only receiving mail and nothing else with that W in your name?
This service works best if you communicate with your expert using the REPLY button. We needed more information from you and asked that you provide us a more detailed reason why this is an issue that you want to potentially spend money on to fix.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What more information do you need? I moved to Florida in 1989 after buying a house with my second husband I started receiving mail with that W inserted in my name. We sold that house 3 years ago and moved to Sunrise Fl. There are six other persons in my area named Roseline Chery. I just want to know how to remove that W from my name. My name is ***** ***** to me I do not like anyone playing with my name. My former husband was Cecil Wesley Scott. I always had one name from birth Roseline.
Thank you for your reply.
This is not something that would fall under a legal action. If the company sending you the mail made a mistake with your name by inserting the W, then the only thing you can do to remove it is call them and speak to a supervisor to ask them to remove it and correct your name or send them a letter asking them to remove it and correct your name in their records. This is not something you can sue for in court to get any action over I am sorry to say.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.