Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law litigator for over 35 years
95544193

I was just wondering if its is possible to apply for child

Customer Question

Hello I was just wondering if its is possible to apply for child support after 15 years? My son is now 15 and his father has never acknowledged him but supports other children and we just need some help. Thankyou for your time
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Victoria Australia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Sue replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I am here to help you today. I’d like to review your question for a few minutes, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Sue

Expert:  Sue replied 5 months ago.

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Yes, you can apply for child support now, and it would be good to proceed quickly to do that. That's because you may or may not be eligible for past child support going back to your child's birth, and because child support will start at least from the date you begin the legal process.

You can apply to establish child support here.

There is interesting information about child support in Australia here.

It may be that you have to establish paternity, which can be done through your local court's website here. But from the looks of it, your best bet is to apply at the first link I gave you.

If you would like to provide more information, if you have other questions or if I can be of any further assistance, please just reply to continue.

I hope I have given you good service today.

Kindly chose a rating when you are ready.

Best wishes,

Sue

Expert:  Sue replied 5 months ago.

Hello, is there anything else I can help you with?

If you haven't already, would you please choose a rating?

Thank you,

Sue