Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have only went to court for child supprt with kids dad.

Customer Question

I have only went to court for child supprt with kids dad. Nothing else. We have always done every other weekend and every other hoilday. My question is he is demanding them for the whole summer. And kids dont want to go. But he is saying he is getting them. Can i legally stop him since we have never went to court.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just child support
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulty.

Your Questions:

My question is he is demanding them for the whole summer. And kids dont want to go. But he is saying he is getting them. Can i legally stop him since we have never went to court.

Response: Yes, you can. You can refuse and if he shows up to demand for them, you need to contact the Police. If there is no Court Order, he cannot force you to turn the children over to him. He needs to go to Court and apply for custody and visitation.

Best wishes,

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. Kindly use the popup screen to give the rating. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.