Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What does it mean" ordered employer to modify including me

Customer Question

What does it mean " ordered employer to modify including me attachment " ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

Can you please give me a little more background on the situation?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There was a child support hearing where he was order child support. He is self employed and also works for someone. So there will be a masters hearing but now he is still ordered to pay and he paid 1/4 of the amount. So in the docet entries thats what it written. I don't know what that means
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. "Ordered employer to modify" means that the Court ordered (or plans to order) to modify the withholding order to the employer. "Including me attachment" refers to the writ of attachment, likely. Writ of attachment is a warrant for arrest based on non-payment of child support and usually has a purge amount, an amount that you can pay to be released from jail and from the writ.

So without having more information, I would say that this note likely simply means that the Court has or plans to modify the amount that the employer has to withhold and possibly to give credit to any amount already paid to the Writ of Attachment.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your utmost satisfaction. If I have done this, please rate with five stars and click FINISH. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they will make his employer to withhold and send those money for child support?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Yes, that is normally the way this works.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click FINISH to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the snap shot
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What does it mean "modify income attachment"
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Okay, right - this confirms it. This is to MODIFY THE AMOUNT of the money that the employer is taking out and sending to the custodial parent.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That the employer taking out for taxes and not to take out for child support?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

No, for child support. This has nothing to do with taxes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
didn't pay voluntarily?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The court made his employer pay the child support?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Why did I only get 1/4 of the ordered amount?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

I would need to know a little more about the situation. Can you tell me the history of what has happened? That would be helpful.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He was self employed before I filed for divorce making good money. He doesn't want to pay child support so he said his business is down and barely functioning and he works for his friend who pays him less than min salary and he clams his business is very slow. He has cash business and hides his income. He also work for real estate and claims he doesn't have any success in that as well.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. This can mean that the court has ordered his friend to increase the amount to withhold and pay you. But I would need to see the actual orders.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Why is it only 1/4 of the amount?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry, but I cannot say without looking over the documents. I'd just need to know more and see the pleadings.