Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I want to pay back child support should i just walk in the

Customer Question

i want to pay back child support should i just walk in the office a pay the back support way or is it another method
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no i haven't
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

I assume you mean pay to the State Disbursement Unit? This can be done several ways. You can:

1) Pay by Phone: Call 1-***-***-**** (option 1).

2) Pay via internet. Electronic payments can be made using your Visa card, MasterCard, checking account or savings account. See HERE to do this.

3) Pay by Mail: If your case is managed by a Local Child Support Agency, you can mail a check or money order to: ***** ***** PO BOX 989067, West Sacramento, CA###-##-####

4) Pay in cash or otherwise at a local child support office. Some local child support offices accept cash and other forms of payment over the counter or at a kiosk. To find out which locations accept in-office payments, contact those nearest to you by calling(###) ###-####

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your utmost satisfaction. If I have done this, please rate with five stars and click FINISH. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.