Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I've been married for 19 years. I'm considering divorce we

Customer Question

I've been married for 19 years. I'm considering divorce we don't get along any longer.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm very curious to what my rights are and what the process would look like and what to expect financially and logistically
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have four children seven-year-old boy nine-year-old girl 13-year-old boy 16-year-old girl. I am the sole provider for the home. I am the husband in this relationship. My name is Matthew.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Matthew,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your multiple questions and numerous legal issues you are asking about suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs.

I have been a licensed, litigation attorney for more than 30 years, and I have handled several thousand cases. What you are asking for is all but impossible to respond to adequately in this written format, and in my experience is only practical to approach in a phone conversation.

If you are interested, for a reasonable charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. If you are not interested just let me know and if I can't help you I will consider opting out and another professional could then assist you. As soon as I post this message, the site will offer you a phone call option. After you click on the call option I can accept your call and call you right away. I look forward to speaking with you.

I am going to need to know what state you are in.

Doug