Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My friend is going through a divorce and has once a week

Customer Question

My friend is going through a divorce and has once a week supervised visitation. She couldn't afford a professional so the court and both parties approved me The last visitation I had to leave for a bit due to being sick. I left the mom and two daughters by themselves for a bit and returned. Question is, could I get into trouble since I left them attended?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I hope that you are feeling much better.

Your Question:

Response: Regrettably, yes, you could be in trouble for leaving. Next time, if you are sick, you need to tell the parties so that the visitation would be cancelled. There is a reason for supervised visitation.

By leaving the child alone with the parent in violation of a Court order, you potentially put the child in harm's way. You could be responsible if anything should happen to the child in that situation. So, you need to be very careful here with your obligation.

Best wishes,

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. Kindly use the popup screen to give the rating. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.