Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 17 years experience
19958803

Twenty two year old adopted son, adopted at 17, wants to

Customer Question

Twenty two year old adopted son, adopted at 17, wants to dissolve adoption. He was adopted in Ukraine, not in the US. Still has original birth certificate. Wants to dissolve US adoption and change name back to Ukrainian name. How would he go about doing this? Is it even necessary to dissolve, or could he just change his name back to original on birth certificate. He has no birth certificate on file or adoption records on file in TX? Thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses, but rest assured, I am working on your question. The website may offer a phone call option, but it is optional.

.

There is no "dissolving" an adoption unless someone else adopts him into their family.. But since he is an adult now there is nothing that would prevent him from legally changing his name back to his birth name if he files a petition to change it from his current to his former name.

.

The only reason someone gets denied is if they are trying to avoid creditors or evade law enforcement..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the caption and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much