LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

I was in a relationship with a girl..im also a girl..we have

Customer Question

I was in a relationship with a girl..im also a girl..we have a kid together..im his biological mother and my ex is not in the bith certificate or any other legal papers..im currently live in oklahoma. My question is..if she can take my son away from me or have any legal rights over him?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 5 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you

Ramsey v. Sutton is the 2015 Oklahoma case that recognizes "in loco parentis" as a way in which a partner can sue for custody/visitation; it requires that party to prove that they were intimately involved in the upbringing of the child; if the court finds this is the case they are allowed to then make decisions re; custody/visitation.

The person would need a court order to that effect otherwise there is no legal claim.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html