Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My mother hadbacksurgery recentlyandnow she is living with

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** my mother hadbacksurgery recentlyandnow she is living with us . she keeps accusing us of stealing her things we do not even touch her things andcalls us all kind of names. we just ignore her. my brother brian is her power of attorney what could e do
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
At this point it may be an onset of dementia, so you would want to likely get someone appointed to be a conservator over her and her affairs, not just a PoA, which would mean having her declared mentally incompetent so that you can have someone control all of her affairs. That is really all you can do at this point besides keeping written records of her medications and times and amounts given to her.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.