Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law litigator for over 35 years
95544193

Someone called defacs on us and said we were heroin addicts.

Customer Question

Someone called defacs on us and said we were heroin addicts. I am pregnant and we have a 3 yr old . We were sent to do a drug screen which they only said we had to pee in a cup not hair follicle also. So I failed for oxy because I took a pain pill for my lower back pain that my grandma gave me . And we will fail for weed. I will also have a little xanax in my system from when I was stressed and couldn't sleep a while back . My boyfriend will also fail for weed xanax and oxy . Will they take my 3 yr old and my unborn child from us ??
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am so worried. I am not one to do drugs I only took them for stress and back pain very very rarely are they going to take our unborn child and three-year-old? Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We just went to take the drug test yesterday the P test for me failed for Oxsee because I took a pain pill for my back a week ago my boyfriends field for weed and that was it but they did hair follicle and we know what else we took in the last 90 days
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Sue replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law, much of it in child welfare law. I am here to help you today. I’d like to review your question for a few minutes, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Sue

Expert:  Sue replied 4 months ago.

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Given what you've shared, it's unlikely DEFACS will take your 3 year old and unborn child from you. They will likely ask you to enroll in drug treatment, and if you both do well there, they will eventually close your case.

It's important to be upfront with DEFACS workers, so it will probably go better for you if you tell them now what you've taken and why. Then, at least as long as DEFACS is involved, get off all the drugs you can. Get your own pain medication for your back.

Marijuana stays in your system ~6 weeks, but the others clear out in a day or two. If you used other drugs only ocassionaly, they may not show up in the hair follicle tests.

Of course, DEFACS can request a UA at any time.

My suggestion is you and your boyfriend contact DEFACS, tell them you would like to begin services and ask what you can do.

I hope this is helpful. I have to go off line for a while, but I will check back with you within 24 hours.

If you would like to provide more information, if you have other questions or if I can be of any further assistance, please just reply to continue.

I hope I have given you good service today. Kindly chose a rating when you are ready

Take care,

Sue

Expert:  Sue replied 4 months ago.

Hey, I said I'd check back within 24 hours, so just wanting to know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Please reply to continue.

I hope the information I provided yesterday was helpful.

Sue