Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

In 2014, i started dating an indian citizen who was living

Customer Question

hi there. in 2014, i started dating an indian citizen who was living in the usa on an H1B visa. we broke up and he moved back to india. now we are back together and want to get married. he is coming here to arizona in june on a tourist visa. what should we do?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am an American citizen. He is an Indian citizen living in India. He had an H1B visa from 2012-2016 working in a highly skilled financial engineering position
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your question to just answer today. This is attorney Bill offering legal information specific to your concerns.

If your partner is coming to the US on a tourist visa his intentions should be for tourism only and not to get married or to seek employment.

To ensure he is admitted by customs and border protection he should have evidence of permanent ties with India.

If his purpose is to come to the US to get married you need to for a fiance visa.

This is a k1 non immigrant visa and you need to file the form 129f with USCIS to apply for this visa.

Here is the correct link.

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/fiancee-visa/fiancee-visas

It is very important that your partner comes on the correct visa type as a denial of entry or visa revocation can have negative implications on future visa applications.

Please be patient for my follow up and answer when you request additional clarification or information and REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY TODAY FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED.

Please remember to rate positively my response before exiting.

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND RESPONSE

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer,

I would like to follow up with you on your question in which I replied to a few days ago and gave an answer. Do you need any more information ?

When Finished PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE EXPERTS COUNT ON POSITIVE RATINGS

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT FOR MY TIME AND REPONSE PREVIOUSLY

SO I HOPE YOU RATE 5 STARS TODAY

Thanks

Attorney Bill