Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The plaintiff in my family law(paternity and child support)

Hello again!The plaintiff in my...
Hello again!The plaintiff in my family law(paternity and child support) has provided incomplete financials, missing tax and income data for 2016 and 2017. Can I file a motion to dismiss? A motion to compel?
5/1/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You would file a motion to compel here if they failed to complete discovery.Then if they fail after order compelling them , then you can seek to dismiss on that basis/But you have to do motion to compel here as next step.

Reference

http://www.orangecountybar.org/content/uploads/PDFs/BrownBagLunches_Kest/February_2013_MT_COMPEL_SANCTIONS_CONTEMPTwo_kjk.pdf

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer