How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm typing my question now. I'm afraid it is very and

Customer Question

I'm typing my question now. I'm afraid it is very long and complicated. I'm very desperate and don't know where to turn.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have DCF investigating my step-mom for abuse towards my dad. Basically he died before he needed to because she decided it was time.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was the alternate surrogate for my dad. I thought that when DCF started the investigation that I would be able to make decisions on my dad's care. However, they refused to follow my requests.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 4 months ago.

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. If you were appointed as the person to make decisions on his estate planning documents (such as a power of attorney for health care), then you should have been consulted. What a horrible situation. I hope he did not suffer. Let me know if I can provide further assistance to you, as it was not completely clear just what you needed to know.