How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13644
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm legally separated and my ex wants me to have full

Customer Question

I'm legally separated and my ex wants me to have full custody of my children want I need to do to make it legal
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No just legally separated
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No we both agree that I should have full custody
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Good evening,

You'll need to draw up (or have drawn up, if your have counsel) a parenting plan, signed by the judge and then file it with the court.

You can use the information and instructions on the California Courts website here, though these forms tend to be basic - or have a family law attorney draft the stipulated agreement, have it signed by the judge and then file it.